Thursday 5 July 2007

Bosnia

I hear the guns,
the shouting, the calm,
I see the passion, the frenzy, the harm,
the killing spree they relish upon,
the hope is fading, friendships gone.

"All for what" I hear you say,
as you watch another dream stolen away,
"religion" the cause of many a war,
as the shelling falls upon anothers door.

So many lives lost, so many gone
dead and buried, where they don't belong,
angry mobbing as it deathly unfolds,
of a story deep and yet never so old.

These words seem so futile as I try to recall
of a day without dying, as I show you my all,
yet no freedom of fighting can desist any pain,
as the war wages on, but surely,for what gain ?

Too many families served with death and destruction
yet a strong determination so full of combustion,
through the pain and the suffering a door opens wide
and onwards I travel, through to the other side.

As I witness the horrors that lie there before me,
and I close up the cabinet so only I see,
and pray for an ending of war so tattered and torn
and shut off all my images of families forlorn.

Forever they'll stay buried deep in my soul,
etched deep on my tablet, no promise no goal,
for the times that they went through ended today,
as they live on in memory in every single way.

In Memory of everyone who suffered at the hands of Slobodan Milosovich.

No comments: